Sunday, March 24, 2013

Why We Date Who We Do !

       Some years ago a man told me if I sat in the middle of the room with all men, a handful would pick me out and they would never treat me as I deserve. I asked why. This guy who is a  minister of sorts and counselor, didn't charge people so he didn't have an ulterior motive. His answer was simple. He said because they can read you and know how you feel about yourself without even speaking.
      He asked me about marriage and did I pick out husbands or boyfriends. It was true, I never picked them out, they chose me, hence I am now single and for a very long time.
     So who are you dating and how are you treated? Are you so low on the totem pole that you think, well I've had so many partners this is who I deserve. BULL!!! What about the one you are seeing now? Is he or she someone who has also had many partners? Maybe you shouldn't wear white, but it doesn't mean you deserve to be treated like an old trash can. You're human and life goes by as fast as you snap your fingers.
     Man or woman if you continually get a person who treats you like last weeks news, run, run fast.
     Men will say, oh she's nothing but a whore, so what does that make him? They will also say she's a great girl yet treat her like crap, so what's wrong with him and why do you take it? It's still a double-standard game.
     It works the other way too. Some women get the nicest guy in the world, marry them and a few years later treat him like a septic system. He's good for his paycheck, but not much else and suddenly the nice she she loved has become a weak mouse of a man because he won't argue with her and stand his ground. Then the kids even disrespect him and that too works both ways, so figure it all out before you get married, before you get engaged and definitely before you ring kids into the world who are trying to figure out what kind of people they model after..I accept donations to Doozybags through paypal for my wonderful advice :) Really. Hey life gets shorter by the second at my age.
    Maggieshelpcenter
    

No comments:

Post a Comment