Friday, March 15, 2013

Jonathan Kellerman

       My birthday was last month and my daughter asked what I would like so, lately I am back into Jonathan Kellerman. The same question was asked of me for Christmas and she had the same answer, Jonathan Kellerman.
     I was introduced to Jonathan Kellerman by my crammer school principal Mr. Vitalo in nineteen ninety-seven. It was over the top joy to see and spend time with this man again after years of not knowing where he lived and not being in touch again. Now I know it's true. You know that saying about there being a season for everything and timing is about everything.
     Thinking about Mr. Vitalo only brings me a feeling of warmth. He was a wonderful man and no one since or before was as great.
     On a summer's day in Cutchogue Long Island My daughter, myself and Mr. Vitalo with his wife sat and talked about life, where I was and what was I doing. He told me how he lived, still teaching part time at a local college, and what a great wife he had. They deserved one another. God knew when he was doing.
     One of the questions Mr. Vitalo asked me was about my interests and did I read. I liked to read but couldn't find stimulating subjects. I enjoyed working with kids and also liked working in mental health. Then he said it. "Hey Nance, have you ever heard of Jonathan Kellerman?" Before I could answer I know he knew I never heard of Jonathan Kellerman from the quizzical look on my face, not unusual.
    In the next few minutes he told me about  Alex Delaware,a character in Kellerman's books and how stories about kids and mental health  and the mysteries intertwine. I was now hooked all because it was something Mr. Vitalo said. If he said it, it was true. Sometime later and after lunch we all said good-bye for now, and I knew as I left I was about to buy a book. Just as we were getting into the car, Mr. Vitalo leaned over gave me a hug and said, don't forget, Jonathan Kellerman.
    I left feeling high as a kite, just because I spent time with Mr. Vitalo. As my daughter and I neared home, I asked if she's mind stopping at Borders. Yup, I found my first Jonathan Kellerman book.
    Yesterday my daughter gave me "GUILT" Kellermans' latest book, and an added bonus book titled "Therapy" which I started this morning. For Christmas she gave me "Victims". I don't always love all of his books, but I do always finish. Victims was too much for me, but I know already by reading the first page of Therapy I will love this one. Reading the inside jacket of GUILT, I know I'll love this book as well. Personally I enjoy the smaller paperbacks. While the paperback book is smaller to hold, there are more words, smaller print and more page, yet the stories are captivating. Johnathan Kellerman, I love your work.
     Thank You Mr. Vitalo

No comments:

Post a Comment