Monday, March 4, 2013

Kowaski Kuzzin, Norway

     She rides a Kawasaki Vulcan 750, and no I don't mean Vulcan from Star Trek.
She is a cousin in Norway, very long distance. It takes guts I think for women to ride motorcycles as that isn't something ingrained as it appears to be with men, or expected. I think some of that goes to the kind of parents we get. When we have parents who tell us, you can do anything, you do and if not, at least you give it  a try.
     Siisel is a very talented woman who works in social work and as a teacher, a mom, wife, and probably a lot more than I know about yet. She has been a good friend to me and so far we haven't met, but I am hoping that changes by summers end. I would suspect her children all have talents as many kids have who come from a family who enriches the spirit. Her son, Tom I know has a spirit so filled. He plays the guitar, harmonica and piano, as well as is an illustrator and learning carpentry. He did The Jelly Bean Forest. I wish everyone in the world could see this work. That's how good he is.
      I don't know about the talents of the other children, but I know they run deep, as deep as a woman who rides with wind in her face, leathers on, and the spirit of going,  knowing the roads slip past in a rush of white dotted lines. As the end of a ride nears she could hear and feel the vibrating, slowing of exhaust pipes, her cheeks calming and that deep breath letting out. Yet as the end comes, it's only on pause as her bike waits for her to mount once again. Siisel waits for that just right day knowing the unsettling feeling of, getting a ride in. I admire her. She has an enriching Spirit and, she shares it.

No comments:

Post a Comment