Thursday, October 21, 2010

Counting The Hourshttp://McColganphoto.com

Who said you can't go home again? Well if someone else lives there now, you can't. But for me, there's nothing like a midnight ride to anyplace. It doesn't matter if you're sleeping on a friends couch, staying at a hotel or just going for lunch, but it matters that you go.
A couple of days ago my friend called and said, well you're not dead! Then offered me the sofa. I almost said yes, but decided it's been so long since I've treated myself, I needed the hotel stay, and I always sleep so very good. Waking up there is a hotel breakfast which is pretty decent, juices, cereals, bagels, coffee and tea's and fruits. Can't beat that for free.

Then there's the ocean close by. A walk about five blocks away, it's always a satisfying feeling. Not far from that is Coney Island. Good for a walk on the boardwalk, fries and a hot dog or knish at Nathan's and if it's cold they serve great coffee.
I know this seems like a foodie item, but it just all goes hand in hand.
Think about where you come from, foods you loved growing up, streets, signs, corners you may have hung out on, buildings, ice cream parlors, area hang-outs where you and friends used to sit and chat, roads, churches, schools and all in all the memories that made your life what it is.
http://McColganphoto.com So I'll be taking off soon, which means any times it hits me. Ahh Freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment