Thursday, December 9, 2010

VALUE it or LOSE it, so says Jeremy Pearsons

A few days ago, again a little boredom, I came upon the last few minutes of some young guy talking, not yelling preaching, but sounded more like he was teaching and explaining and he made sense. His name was Jeremy Pearsons, and he is I think, a minister following in family foot-steps.
            Now I wasn't paying much attention until he said"if you don't value what you have you will lose it". I thought about that as he repeated it in a few different ways. I guess if someone wasn't listening enough, he may have hoped they would catch on. I really thought about that more and more as each day passes. We know he isn't talking about people who lose their homes to a fire, lose possessions to a thief, lose their health due to illness. Most of those things we can't help as they can come on like gangbusters without warning, like a thief will call you up and say, hey, I'll be over tonight to rob you so don't worry, it's just me.
        I have taken what he said and am now putting it into a working, every day theme to do better, and to hold onto what I have. I don't forget my donations as I do feel that's as important as "stuff" I own. Stuff, those little things, we can do without.
So if you know anyone in need help them, but think about how you will help and how it affects you too and your family. I wish I heard that years ago, or maybe I did but was too stubborn to think it meant anything. By the way, Jeremy Pearsons is the grandson of Kenneth Copeland from Believers Voice of Victory, who for me is just too much, enough said. I like preachers who are teachers, and don't like copy cats, like people doing a Charles Stanley version of "now watch this". Charles Stanley is a very good teacher, so in closing VALUE WHO IS IN YOUR LIFE, and then value what you own. Happy Thursday people!

No comments:

Post a Comment