Wednesday, December 8, 2010

For a better way, SCREW and...pic

doozybags.com

...GLUE.

 Recently I stopped at a place in Lancaster call All things Amish-don't believe it. The people running it are not to start with Amish, if so, one guy has an accent that you would know right away where he is originally from.
All those tee shirts? They may have been printed by the Amish-doubt that too, but read the tags and the little benches that they sell for 38.., sanded well, nails, nothing but nails and four screws. The total of the wood cost about 6.00 bucks.
      When you go to an Amish market they are pretty honest and will tell you they have some guys make things for them. Either way, the workmanship is very good-usually. My Benches? My work womanship is very well done. I glue, screw, sand, stain or paint and stencil and add a brace underneath just in case for extra insurance. But I sit on my benches without braces and I'm a whopper. Actually I even ate a whopper on my bench, still didn't collapse. I check and recheck-if you see cracks, it isn't always a bad thing with some products.

     Have you even watched a wood show on putting thing together. To make an over sized or weird sized board, they glue it. When I glue in the smallest of places, I use glue and wood shavings-it adheres better. So okay now taking pre-paid orders for after Jan 15 2011- a 3' bench is 47.00-I can stencil it with a variety of things, friends, family, religious, funny, love, and all kinds of kool sayings. Hey are you doing nothing now? E mail me, Doozybags@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment