Saturday, September 8, 2012

Lancaster Pa. Outlets..Bargains? or

       SO you want to go to, come down to, over to up to the Lancaster outlets. My best advice is, and not to insult anyone, plan ahead and don't overspend. If you do you'll leave feeling as if you didn't save at all. There are enough places to eat if you come by bus. They are within the outlets. Better yet stay overnight. Drive down, up, over under, where ever, with two friends in a four seater vehicle, giving extra room for packages.  Also try to bring one large bag of your own to put all those small bags in, helps if you're on a bus or in a car.
       There are all kinds of motels and hotels here and October is the favorite month to shop. I'm a NEW YORKER who simply resides here, for many years, longer than I thought. The Outlets is also pretty close to Sight and Sound a Christian theater which is so great, and well worth the prices, about 40-60. a show, so not as much as a broadway play, sniff, sniff, but so very different. The seating is sloped so no moving from side to side to see the show. Many times they have live animals. Taxi's are also available. If you want it Lancaster has it.
    Now about bargains. It's only a bargain if it's a bargain to you. I've been to the outlets a few times and for me, what works for me, it to stay closer to home, shop at Penny's or Boscovs, maybe Sears. I'm also not a small lady, so again bargain shopping at the outlets doesn't work for me, but they do have a large women's outlet. In addition I don't get dressed up anymore.
    Ask me any questions anytime about what here and what isn't, glad to help, but I do think you should drive down. You'll still save if you come down, over or under with more people, and ya know what, the hell with saving. Get a hotel, shop, eat, play pool, have a few drinks, do some country dancing and sleep. One last thought.
If you get a chance to eat at a place called Logans steakhouse, ya can't go wrong. I ordered an 8 oz fillet, a big sweet potato, and grilled mushrooms. The boy with me ordered some appetite plate and I drank water, he had a refillable soda. Total price? 34. and change. Can you beat that for  a fillet Mignon dinner cooked just like up Easterners like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment