Friday, September 28, 2012

Dan, Leppo Carpet Cleaners, York Pa.

      Wow, what a guy. This was a first meeting for me getting to know Dan from Leppo Carpet Cleaners. This was a second visit for another room. When Dan first called to make sure of directions, and he told me where he was, I said, oh, but first pick up a breakfast sandwich and coffee and there appeared to be a hesitation so I quickly said, oh hold on, I'm just kidding, really just kidding, he blurted out, okay, so do you want cream and sugar with that? I said yeah, but I am just kidding. He laughed and said yeah, I know.
       Well he arrives,  Dan reaches his hand out to shake mine and then sees a kid approach and said, hi buddy, again reaching his hand out. Dan engaged in a chat with him about sports, joked a little and this kid went off to school happier than I've ever seem him. Dan made an impression on a boy who isn't easily impressed at all by people. As the boy leaves for school, Dan yells out to him as he's getting things from his work van, hey buddy, you have a nice day and it was nice to meet you.
       So many times in business kids are ignored because mainly, a person comes to work and it isn't the kid who is paying. That simple. Yet not only did Dan do such a very good job, but he made people feel as if they count. A big smile, slowly fades as he start to get that serious work look, and when he was finished he made my carpet look as if it was almost new again. My carpet is fifteen years old  and now doesn't look more than a few years new. Thank you both Dan, and Leppo carpet for employing such great employees. This ended up to be a more positive day for me meeting such a good guy. Shaking my hand again as he leaves, I knew Leppo Carpet would be the place to call anytime I need that service.

No comments:

Post a Comment