Friday, December 16, 2011

What I want for Christmas

       A royal blue truck two seater I say
       with a big box out back, hauling hay
   or carrying a storm door, won't fit in my trunk
         saw on sale a set of twin bunks
         I'll even take red a color I love
       I knew as kid from the stars above

     I'd see a red flash , was it Santa I saw
    or all of my daydreams left at the door
So I still wish and sometimes pray
for that great big truck coming my way
But I am happy to have what I do
 the love of my children, my only two.

I'll go a step more thinking about
a truck I want to not be without
yet I know who am I to deserve such a thing
but should it happen, 4 ever I sing
This is Christmas a season for giving
for me, for now, I thankful for living.

One more small note as I leave this page
on this Friday a week away
comes the reason as most do know
the gifts of giving should help others so
they start a new year with hope to grow
a new sense of faith and seeds to sow.

Merry Christmas Everyone, Everywhere...
P.S.    Please leave the truck outside my door

No comments:

Post a Comment