Tuesday, December 6, 2011

He Motivates Me-A Kid Named Craig

       Last night I hear a knock on my side door, well seven knocks with that musical lilt to it. I knew it was Craig. Walking in and opening the freezer he let me know he stilll had my fake poop. Yes a joker am I. Letting him know he could keep it, Craig walked himself to the living room and sat on the sofa, football in hand. I was making a pizza for another kid and a shake for me, a protein shake with a banana in it. I really wanted a pizza too.
       The pizza's were small but that didn't stop Craig from saying to this other kid, older too, that-what? Are you eating that whole thing yourself? Dont you know what's in there? I was surprised to say the least. Then Criag said, I found out I have diabetes last week, so do you ever read what's on the labels? Do you know how many carbs there are in that pizza?  Now inside shrinking, I said uh noo...I don't read pizza boxes because I know it's junk food. We don't have it every night. So what does Craig do next?
     He calls his wonderful supporting Grandma and asks about my shake which is ninety calories and so filling. He asked how many carbs does it have? I couldn't answer. All I could say was it's Herbalife protein Powder, says two percent carbs which turned out to be five grams. I don't know the ratio, per serving or container, but I'm sure Craig could figure it out fully if I asked him. He's that kind of  a kid. Craigs gramma said I must have a small stomach since I get full so easy.
     That's kool, but I wished someone told me years ago. It might have made a difference. Today when I woke up and was ready for breakfast, I ate a banana and two hard boiled eggs. I was content and full, trying not to feel full anymore, but satisfied.
      I felt so good because I thought about Craig and how he impressed me, gave me motivation, so baloney, no coach crap like hey you can do it, yea! Rah, Rah!!! He said what he had to say in a simple manner. I watched him taste my shake in such a tiny taste and that too affected me. I would have asked for a big glass and gulped. I don't know if it's the timing, but I do know he didn't have anything to gain. Craig is a no BS kid, tells it how he sees it.
     I went to a local store today and told them about this kid, not who, just about him and how he inspired me so much that I know I can shed this extra person I carry around with me. too many people over the years have said, oh the weight looks good on you. So what do we/I do, eat more, carry more, do less physical activities and slowly, very slowly as time passes find I am not as healthy as I should be, but thank you Craigy, you have inspired me so much. If you ever need a lung or kidney, just look in the freezer, it's yours.
     One last mention about this kid named Craig-he came in tonight, picked up my viking helmet, put t on and was about to wear it out. I did stop him this time. But I did tell him what he did for me and that now I knew without a doubt I could finish this self challenge. He said casually, softly and as if he really and sincerely believed it,yeah, you can do it. I believe it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment