Friday, December 23, 2011

The Eve of Chrstmas Eve....looking for a tree

      Looking For a Tree

Driving here, up and down
East to West both sides of town
Looking for a tree just right
not to be found, out of sight.

Stopping once and once again
I looked for a tree and a stand
but not to be found here or there
I was ready to pull out my hair.

At last I found a store with trees
not much taller than my knees
but good enough it would be
for a family Christmas tree.

I took it home, and let it rest
while I cleaned, did my best
I  set it up in my old stand
but it leaned both East, then West.

We left today, went on a search
for a new stand my tree could perch
Took an hour then two more
until the stand was found and more.

We bought hot chocolate gifts cards too
some for us and some for you
trimmed the tree all day long
and sang the best Christmas songs.

I'll not wait for the Eve of Eve again
to find my needs like a Christmas tree stand
I'll start right now to buy galore
and stay away from a Christmas store.

No comments:

Post a Comment