Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Iona at Sheetz rt.30 York Pa.

      There is an older lady who works at Sheetz named Iona. What an unusual name. She is short with sandy colored-short hair. Iona took charge today, unlike any other Sheetz employees I have noticed. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I just don't spend 24/7 there.
    There is a line sign telling people where to enter in order to be next in line. Many either just ignore it or don't see it. I know it's there and always get in line. See what a goody goody I am. So okay so many people who work there don't say anything and simply let others but in, walk up to the counter who I have seen look at the sign and ignore it. But no one wants to create a scene, and with the way tempers rise these days...well would you say something?
    But today this guy with a shaggy look, tired and not so clean, maybe coming off a long shift at work, or long drive just went in a line made by those who ignore signs. Iona pointed out the sign. He still stood his ground. Louder, more firm she pointed to the sign and said, you have to get in line. She wasn't acting arrogant, as he was, but simply showed him, we have rules. The poor guy did get in line, three in back of me. As I was about to let him walk in front of me the line filled up fast.
I said nothing at that point.
   There was something different about her today too. She was more accurate on the register and faster too. Sometimes people try to rattle older adults as they do kids.
Not this time.:)
    Iona, thanks, you have courage lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment