Saturday, December 10, 2011

Bon Ton Stores York Pa. Kerri & Pam

      Have you been shopping on a day when you knew you should have stayed home? Well this was my day. I felt ragged, haggard and jagged, still I pushed myself to get out, shop and be done. No matter what I was out of coffee and since I was going for coffee I knew I could push  it to do more. So after the coffee stop I went right to the local Bon Ton.
     I had a plan and it was an orderly plan, but my first stop at the shoe department in the Bon Ton started out futile. Two days ago at Penny's I asked for my size and right away the guy said no-without even looking.I pushed him a bit and asked are you sure? So he walked in the back and came out, said all we have are these white ones, but not so much as a, I'm sorry, I can check the catalog. Maybe I was expecting more, and usually I just never expect.
     So I was very surprised when the young lady behind the counter who was busy writing stuff, said well, wait I can look, that some pairs run wider, Yes, I needed a wide width. Nope, wouldn't work. She came back to the counter, said let me think a minute and then said well we have easy spirit and they have some wide widths. I followed and by did I find a kool looking pair. But nope, too small. Her name is Kerri Bankert.
      After feeling disappointed about that and explaining I wanted a more dressy type footwear, not sneakers, she called on a manager, Pam Ness. What a team! With Kerri asking more questions without appearing to nag and the manager coming back twice and finally a third time after checking out the Bon Ton web site for the same shoes for me and then finding what I needed, well I am so thankful to say the least.
      Because of their personal service and extending them selves the way they did, I went back into the store a second time today to shop. I prefer stores similar to the Bon Ton because of the less stress. Support your community, watch for sales or not. It's all worth it. No giant parking lots, clerks with attitude because they have been overworked to the max, long lines, and unappreciated like those too big stores seem to do.
     Pam and Kerri, my day started out so sadly with a headache and an attitude that, well, I'll try again, but they probably don't have them either. Well they didn't, but went beyond, to help me find what I needed. I shopped more than I expected, but they turned my attitude around. The Bon Ton, Less Stress, a most important factor during these times.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment