Tuesday, November 9, 2010

No Problem, I just split my jeans! at Sheetz

So what should I have done? I knew time was running out for my old jeans. I only own two pairs as I have that hope they'll last until they get loose on me, and only then will I buy a new pair.
I saw the holes slowly spread wider and wider at the corners of the pockets over time and after every wash, still I didn't really believe it would happen. It was only a quick run to the store a few miles up the country road. I needed milk for the morning. A new child guest was with me as was another little guy and I planned on making cinnamon pancakes with sliced banana's, a nice cold glass of milk and a good drive to school.
Suddenly I bent down to get a cup for coffee and that, that rip, that ripped split sound came as if a door just opened. The little guy bust a gut laughing. My eyes got so big. Oh Lordy, what was I going to do? I had a half gallon of milk, an empty cup and already let the boys start on an ice cream. I had to pay, no way out. Then the other kid started to laugh and point with both boys talking too loud, she ripped her pants! look, she ripped her pants. Yes, of course I was saying shh, shut up you guys, I'll rip that ice cream from your mouth Brooklyn style. No that did not help. Laughter continued and I couldn't even give them money to pay. I was using a credit card. So I grabbed the little guy and said, look here hot shot, this is what you're going to do. Play train walking backwards as close as possible with the other guy next to you.
Still people knew. I paid as fast as I could and left, Now I had to get in the car and they ripped even more. Oh I need a Jeep. No only is this car too low, but hurts my back, and definitely not good for weak jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment