Sunday, November 7, 2010

The 12 yr.old Salesboy! Origami?

Yes, he is twelve and a special needs child who I had at my craft show this weekend. He asked me if he could sell Origami. Sure I told him, not really believing it would happen but more to keep him calm and content. He wrote a sign, Origami for 1.00 on a nine by eleven paper. He held it up almost in the faces of people at my table saying, ya want one?

I stood off to the side to give him enough room, and curious to see how it would go. It went. He sold twelve pieces. He made Japanese throwing stars, and boxes you blow up. I said to him later after lunch how some kids have made business very young. He told me he would like that. Then I said well you'll have to buy a pack of paper and...and immediately he said no, I don't want to buy paper, I'll just take yours. Well a little more patience and a firm no you won't, if you really want to try this you have to be responsible.

So now we agreed for two dollars if he sells any, I will address envelopes, and get stamps and mail them, but share the cost. He agreed and if this goes well, I will get him a table in the Spring and he can have his own table next to me-in case he gets frustrated. This little can actually do a lot more with origami, so I want to encourage it and also get him some colored paper to continue and gain more esteem, so hey contact me through doozybags@aol.com if you want to order any from him. I have paypal. oh BTW, yesterday he offered to autograph his work. It was cute to watch. Now no one there knew his name, so if this works out for him, I could only allow him to sign his first name and last Initial. Thanks, http://doozybags.com

No comments:

Post a Comment