Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Haro, Specialized Bikes, Family Fun

             There's nothing like taking a family bike ride, and if not the whole family then just get yourself out and ride. I have a Specialized bike that my kids bought for  me when I was visiting in Nebraska. For years I told both my son and daughter how much I missed riding a bike, They both knew to some degree I shouldn't ride because of back issue so putting two heads together they decided to get my measurements and specialize the Specialized bike.
    Landing in Nebraska, my son drove me with my daughter to the BIKE WAY bike shop. All had one thing in common, bikes. Out in the parking lot I got on my bike and rode it around. What a feeling! I won't tell you just how many years it was that I rode last, but it felt like yesterday. That old saying is true;it's like riding a bike, all comes back to you. I even forgot for a while that I was being watched closely by both my son and daughter. It was a great feeling knowing my kids wanted me on a bike as much as I did, for health and happiness reasons.
   Well I have learned more about bikes, such as brands, fat tires, safety, bikes for certain terrain, small, medium, tandem and just that there are bikes for anyone, any size and any shape.
    Check out Haro, Trek, Klein, Ellsworth and of course my favorite, Specialized. My son recently bought a bike which is made for snow. It has fat tires and he does use it for other kinds of weather, but mainly loves it in snow. He has a picture of it on his face book page, McColganphoto so check it out.
    My son will be here soon with two bikes, one he'll be using in a sixty mile race in  Gettysburg this weekend and the family is going along. The dogs stay home to protect mi casa:) Don't forget, shop well before you choose the bike made just for you. It's an expense well worth while for happiness and health. Big wheels a turning...

No comments:

Post a Comment