Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ron Myrnes, Best Repair AROUND-717-887-4219 York

       I almost wish for a first time that Christmas wasn't coming so soon. I'd continue to make home improvements. That's what this is all about, not simply that I needed these doors, walls, holes patched, warps lined up and a new screen door, but it makes sense to be practical, and what a great feeling it is.
       Ron has been working here as I can budget repairs and how many men will take on jobs like that. He's helped me, planned, explained this and that, cost of new verses repair/recycle the old. Ten times out of ten, repair the old makes more sense that to go out and buy new. New as we know is rarely as good as the old.
       When we talk quality we have to use Ron Myrnes and quality repair in the same sentence. Precision counts with Ron. I watched again off and on without wanting to be a pain, as he fixed my very old front door. The frame was out of line, the door sloped and about twenty-dollars a month of cold air leaked through when the wind blew up here on a hill.
       You know how some people just don't trust what repairmen are doing, lean over their shoulders, always in and out, well not here and never, ever necessary with this man. He explained the how and why my door was the way it was, and how he was fixing it. I enjoy knowing because I just like woodworking, but never because of a lack of trust. I would leave and allow Ron in my house to do his work and was going to one day but forgot to move my car, and hate to bother people. This guy really gets involved in his course of action.
       Presently I need a new front storm door, but when I checked prices plus installation for the same door, it cost about four hundred, maybe a little over. A big wrought iron storm door, Ron looked it over,let me know what kinds of things he could do to make it new, replace the whole top glass section, fix the screen inset, re-line the door and paint it, I knew I would have one of those better than new things people always talk about, and of course won't hand out his estimate, but each time a repair comes up, I am gently surprised at his honestly.
     Honesty comes in many forms. It's the work, the quality, the knowledge, if cost effective, and of course it goes without saying the kind of person you are letting into your home. Ron Myrnes treats my home with respect as if it were a palace.
     So now I won't be adding to the local dump, but renewing, and my kitchen cabinets that I've wanted for so long, you know the pretty cottage type with glass, Ron said that too was do-able. Me? I tried to paint one-shivers-then he let me know how it should be done, like a professional, like  a man who knows his trade. He doesn't need my business, but I need his character, quality, and know how. I can't wait to get started again after the holidays.
 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment