Sunday, May 12, 2013

ADKINS vs. JILLETTE

   The Red Cross or Opportunity Village . While both are useful and great organizations, one is worldwide and one is on the West Coast. That is unless Opportunity Village is all over, I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge concerning Opportunity Village. What I do know about this is, it is for those with developmental disabilities, always a good charity. I know. Some years back I worked in mental health which was involved in both the mental retardation aspects and mental health.
   Never have I had any personal experience with the Red Cross except when they came to the agency I worked for to have people donate blood. Yet in any disaster or crisis anywhere in the world, the Red Cross is there, to provide shelter, medical, food and clothing. Neither one in my opinion is more important except for scale. People are people and when a need arises, people are there weather it be, The Red Cross or The Opportunity Village.
   I love Trace Adkins, always hoping somehow he'll discover my songs, well poems because they are great and make this retired woman a little bit financially better off. When talking about his charity I do wish Trace would talk more about how The Red Cross affects many more and how far and wide, than just his own experience. Yet, Trace, please contact me to send you a few too cool songs like, I left Jesus on My Doorstep or I love Men in Plaid Wool Shirts.
   Penn Jillette's entertainment with his sidekick partner is beyond good. Little did I know much about him before The Apprentice and the more I watched him and listened to him, I was able to see past the magic. As he gave credit to his partner quite a few times and talks so sincerely about his charity and his kindness comes through with each segment, well all I can say is Penn, you're a winner.
   Men, two big men, I can only hope it's a draw. Because in my book you Two Big Men are on the same side.

No comments:

Post a Comment