Monday, August 20, 2012

Worried about Christmas & Expectations from Kids

     A few days ago a kid came to me and said, Nancy, Can we talk, I'm worried. Looking at him I said sure and gave my full attention. As he played his psvita which was given to him by some adults who thought they were doing something nice as a bribe to make him behave in school, he said, well I'm worried about Christmas. Christmas!
    This child is worried I am not "giving" him what he wants and expects. We on two occasions talked about Christmas, the real reason for it, his age, and giving and yes, those parts came from me. His part of it was, but what about me and what I want? What about what you want? If I plan to spend two hundred on giving gifts, and you get four games, you will not be happy because you expect a lot more under the tree. He agrees. Yes, it is all about electronics and greed, at least that's how I feel.
    In talking with a few others I am told, but this is the age we live in, it's what kids get! So I have to go along with group think? No way, not this woman. We have the freedom in life to choose how to spend, live, love, worship, lose, win, help or walk away. So why do kids expect so much? Two reasons; their friends are getting it, and the adults are giving it. These kids who are getting these things, only want more, and more and...

No comments:

Post a Comment