Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sesame Street Does it Again! Eye witness :)

    Today I was at a doctors for children, United Health Care, which provides free health care for children are wonderful of course. As a  person who waits with others I get a chance to observe first hand. I was the only one of two watching what was going on. A man walked in with a big box in his hand. Behind him came a woman who I thought at first was a mom,( could be a mom too) but she turned out to be with the man from United Health Care.
    Gently he sat the box down. The receptionist came from behind the counter to have a photo taken from the other woman. I don't know if she was part of United Health Care or Sesame Street. The woman who had her picture taken was holding a book with a recorder and a set of books, all Sesame Street. I have seem some of these books in the office before. Today all I saw were magazines. The children were older today too.
       So after the man and woman left, I asked, trying hard not to be nosey, I asked by starting this way: excuse me, but was that woman a book promoter? ( I asked as I am going to have a book out soon) She smiled and said oh no, no no. They gave us a box full of books from Sesame st. It was then I thought about the Sesame Street young lady I met in New York. The receptionist went on with, they are so good to us, meaning both Sesame Street and United Health Care. They give us a big box of books for children who come in and I don't usually set them out right away. Most of the time when we have very fussy or scared children, I take them out and ask , hey look it's Sesame Street, and I show Big Bird, Oscar The Grouch and characters they know. It calms them down as if they have a friend. When they learn they can keep it, we see a brand new face, and tears all gone
    The man came back in and handed a load of pens and they all smiled a good-bye, until next time. What a great partnership! Thank you Sesame Street and United Health Care. It's nice to be an eye witness of goodness in this world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment