Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mechanics, Honest Garages & Papertown Auto

       The day after my inspection I woke up knowing for a third time I had the right garage. This place, Papertown Auto in Spring Grove, now at an old Ford dealership, is filled with every day people as far as employees and owners go. I'm just an everyday person in need of repair, well my car is. Okay me too.
       I've been to quite  a few garages over the years and thought I'll be running out soon. It's just that after a person knows they've been taken by a garage because they think either, you're a woman(sorry I hate to use that) or just a person who doesn't know a thing about mechanics and the cost of repairs.
     What I've been used to in the past(way past) is being able to get a used part at a local salvage yard etc. or having a car old enough to be all American so parts were less expensive, but those days are gone. I now have a newer model, eight almost nine years old and things are placed almost so that a guy has to dig in, dig under, crawl over and it all adds up to time. Time is money and we all know that.
     Sometimes we hear people talk about being Christians and they even use it in their ads. If I was to think about Christians as far as Mechanics and owners go, along with a few very special people I know, this place Papertown Auto, well these people are right up there. It isn't what we say, it's what we do. They are ethical and decent, hard working people and I am so very thankful to have found them via a pipeline of a neighbor and another garage. So people, they are out there-the good guys. Stay with local family owned businesses as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment