Tuesday, March 13, 2012

K. Tibbles, journalist. She's Got no Time? English?

     By Far I ain't perfect uzing the English language. Somehow after listening this morning to Kevin Tibbles and he isn't alone, I had to blog this. Kevin Tibbles who I usually enjoy listening to, well not today. More and more new casters, journalists and those who are supposed to know and do better use poor language. Why? How do they get away with it? Who is letting this pass?
    Kevin Tibbles said," she's got not time" OUCH, My Ears! I have my English Professor to thank for finally getting me to understand and it drives me nuts because I pick up on everything, including myself when I speak. A few months ago my son stopped me and said, Mom, you just corrected yourself, but you were right. By the time we finished our English chat, we were both confused.
   So to some professional Television personalities, Newspapers journalists and all of the people who should know better, Know better! You have children listening so what do you say? ( I'm sure English professors change the channel)You confirm poor English is okay. It isn't, unless pure and simple, you don't know any better, but you do. So clean up your English skills and I can remove my earplugs.
   Last and not least, listen up people, from early morning people to those like
Tom Brokaw, to those who give white house newscasts...they just don't have it. We talk about others learning the English language, but maybe we need to start right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment