Sunday, November 13, 2011

Knockin' on Heaven's Door-What Keeps you Awake?

      Okay so I don't really mean to knock on Heaven's door although we don't know the hour or time, not to preach but better safe than sorry. Just watched again, Left behind with a few kids, and questions galore.
       Back on track. I am talking about Doors, songs with the word door it it. To me the best thing about Bob Dylans song is the sound as lyrics are few. Yet as many times as he repeats knockin' on Heavens door, I bet it even gave atheists something to think about. Atheist? How can you deny what you say you don't believe? okay back to the doors, no not the group, the songs. Hey wait, Atheists say God is just some story made to scare people, well if that's true, He's done a good job of it, even Atheists get angry.
        So what's your favorite door song. Many oldsters know Dean Martin's, The Door is still open to my heart, nice but..uh uh, just uh. I love Creedance Clearwater Revival's Lookin' Out my Back Door and best of all Charlie Rich/aka The Silver Fox-Behind Closed Doors. The bottom line with that is, as in life, No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. But that song, that song can make the most haggard, tired and weary person feel ready to wear high heels again, or even, a favorite suit.
         There was another oldie I remember slightly- Green Door, what's that secret your keeping, There's an old piano behind the green door, green Door, one more night without sleeping. What's keeps you awake?
       

No comments:

Post a Comment