Monday, November 21, 2011

How Do Vikings Communicate ?

       By Norse code.  So what is Norse code? By the way that little dittie came about from hanging out with a couple of little guys until yesterday when they had to go home from respite. Once they saw my Norwegian plaid blog, they wanted to know, what's a Norwegian? So I explained and then we talked about Vikings and the younger one who was here before asked about my viking hat. I wish it was real, but no, just plastic, yet I have a lot of fun with it especially when serious meaning people come here. I open the door with my viking hat on and smile, say come in with a Norwegian accent, and yes an imitated one, but one I've heard over the years growing up.
       Then we talk about the colors. Just like the Irish love green I loved Red, White and Blue and we all know that covers both sides. The older boy looked through my books of which I have many, and found my viking book, asked if he could look at it and saw a big, big Viking dressed in all his Viking wear. He asked me if I dress like that too-funny little kid. He saw those Viking commercials and said to me well, ladies like to dress that way, and so next time he visits, I will have found some kind of Viking dress, a spear, breastplate, a long braided wig
and I'll grow a beard.
       It's a nice night for ship carving so off to my Viking basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment