Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Child's Truck...a poem a day

A Child's Truck
 
Have you seen my truck today?
or did my truck drive away?
I looked under my bed this morning
and on the porch as light was dawning.
 
I played with it all of yesterday
waiting for it to drive away
it wouldn't go where I thought
was it because it was bought?
 
Like people my truck is sometimes pretty
and some people live in New York City
I saw trucks drive in the street
where people cross and trucks will sweep.
 
I saw trucks in the country too
I wanted to travel with drivers who
saw the world with their big truck
 but my dad said I have to grow up.
 
Have you seen my truck today
I now keep it under my bed
and when I go to sleep at night
I keep driving in my head.
 
I think I'll take my truck and I will pack it full
Inside I'll put a pillow and a blanket made of wool
I'll add some snacks,  and a map of course
 and I'll also take along my very happy horse.
 
Good night mom and good night dad
Thank for imaginations you both have
you gave me dreams to wish about
when I grow up in my own house
 
I'll teach my kids like you taught me
to take your trucks seriously
I'll give them ideas and happy times
show all my trucks in neon limes
 
Reds and greens, blues and browns
show them the city and country towns
show them roads on all kinds of maps
cars and trucks without mishaps
 
Have you seen my truck today-or did my truck just drive away?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment