Friday, July 19, 2013

Who IS Antonio West? Why have we forgotten him ?

Who is Antonio West
>>
> >
> > Hello.
> Don’t recognize me? That’s OK; I understand.
> >
> > My
> name was Antonio West. I was the 13-month old child who was shot in the face
> at point blank range by two black teens, who were attempting to rob my mother,
> who was also shot.
> >
> > I
> think my murder and my mommy’s wounding made the news for maybe a day, and
> then disappeared.
> >
> > A
> Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick , Georgia ruled the black teens
> who murdered me will not face the death penalty... too bad it was me who got
> the death sentence from my killers instead, because Mommy didn’t have the
> money they demanded.
> >
> >
> See,
> my family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but
> my murder wasn’t ruled a ‘hate crime’.
> >
> > Oh,
> and President Obama didn’t take a single moment to acknowledge my murder. He
> couldn’t have any children who could possibly look like me - so why should he
> care?
> >
> > I’m one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's
> history, but the media didn’t care to cover the story of my being killed in
> cold blood.
> >
> > There isn’t a white equivalent of Al Sharpton, because if
> there was he would be branded a ‘racist’. So no one’s rushing to Brunswick ,
> Georgia to demonstrate and demand ‘justice’ for me. There’s no ‘White Panther’
> party, either, to put a bounty on the lives of the two black teens who
> murdered me.
> >
> > I
> have no voice, I have no representation, and unlike those who shot me in the
> face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.
> >
> > Isn’t
> this a great country?
> >
> > So while you’re out seeking ‘justice for
> Trayvon’, please remember to seek ‘justice’ for me. Tell your friends about
> me, tell you families, get tee-shirts with my face on them, and make the world
> pay attention, just like you did for Trayvon.
> >
> > I won’t hold my
> breath.
> >
> > I
> don’t have to anymore.
>
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> >
>
> >
> >

This is/was a photo of the baby. I am sorry it didn't come through. As Trayvon Martin face is splashed all over so should this innocent baby's face. Just thirteen months old.


No comments:

Post a Comment