Friday, February 28, 2014

A Universal Face ?

       Tonight I went to dinner with a very young guest. We both love steaks and my most favorite restaurant is Logan's in York Pa. But I have also been to The Embers and have never had a poor experience. Tonight was no different and to think I almost went home. Driving over to Logan's, the parking lot was overflowing with cars and I wasn't about to wait. So as not to disappoint myself and my little guy I went driving around for that steak dinner and nothing but a steak would do, but it had to be a good one.
         Driving up route thirty in my area I thought we'd go to one other place but I found myself in a wrong lane and veered off onto 83 and then I found myself on Market street and knew where I was going, to The Embers. I just hoped beyond hope it wasn't overcrowded. It was just right even though again the lot was full of cars. The Embers has a nice size bar closed off from the restaurant which is nice for families with younger children.
    We were quickly seated and out waitress Katie came over a just right smiled and none of the giddy, high voice talking to an adult as if a child. Those waitresses annoy the crap out of me. She even spoke to my little guest in a voice that showed him, she is an adult here to take a food order, yet friendly, helpful and didn't speak at all to him as if he was a baby.
     As I looked at her I mentioned that she looked familiar and her so nice response was one I never heard before. I have a Universal Face. WOW! What a perfect phrase and of course that sends pictures thought my thoughts of so many places. "Universal" in itself describes a lot. We went on to order two Fillet Mignon each cooked differently, garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli. The mashed potatoes could have been hot and they were only, and barely warm. Yet I found I couldn't complain because we had a great waitress and the steaks were fantastic, the main reason for me to go to The Embers Restaurant.
      Katie was a very good example of how a waitress should be. She waited while I cut my steak, and walked off while we ate yet stayed in sight in a timely way, so as not to hover making people nuts, but being around just enough so as not to wait too long to have another cup of coffee or whatever we needed. She also asked the child, not forgetting he too was a patron and just because the adult was paying, she made sure the child counted.
      That is one Universal face I will never forget again. Courtesy, good manners, great food and a wonderful,  professional personality make me know I will definitely return to the Embers.
Thank you Katie :) You may indeed have a Universal face, but all about you is unique. We appreaciated how you took care of us this evening.

1 comment:

  1. DearMaggie2
    I never expected such a flattering review, thank you! You and your little friend were both a pleasure. I would very much enjoy chatting with you again!!!!! Please stop in soon.

    ReplyDelete