Saturday, January 3, 2015

Pepito Roman-Romano Brooklyn NY

       Living in a huge apartment building there were many faces, big and small families, some doing well and some not doing so well. This building located at 328-59th st. Brooklyn had a very special little kid. He was Puerto Rican and his name was Pepito, but his last name is sketchy as there were two families with similar last names. One was Roman, one Romano. One family Peurto Rican and one Spanish. these two families were a world apart. What I do remember is Pepitos' mother used to make great Spanish rice and always remembered me when she did make it and for that alone I have fond memories of her.
       Pepito was a funny little kid, small in size and chubby. His best friend was my brother Roger who he would yell, ROOGER! ROOGER! ROOGER coming out? So like many, every once in a while I wonder what ever became of Pepito. So Pepito if you recognize yourself here, e mail me at Nancymellow@aol.com---we lived on the first floor and you on the second. I only remember you and your mom, but I was only nine. I hope you are happy and well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment