Sunday, January 4, 2015

Oscar, Green Eyes-Brooklyn Long Ago

       I thought this may be a better way to see if I can learn about Oscar. He was about the nicest kid in school and was in my class in the eighth grade at P.S. 140, the original school on 59th st. and 4th ave. Some called it 118, some 140.
       Well what I can tell you about Oscar is he was very tall, lanky, kind and soft spoken. He was already filled with wisdom, more than most of the adults I knew. When things went wrong in class and Oscar would notice some kid going wild, Oscar would saunter up, put his hand kindly on that kids shoulder and that kid who wanted to fight would stop and settle down. I can still hear him say, okay Oscar, if you say so.
       I remember too Oscar's hair. He had it filled with some kind of hair grease like one of my brothers used-yuck. You would be one sorry kid if you grabbed my brothers' hair, grabbing and sliding backwards at the same time. But somehow with Oscar It worked. His hair looked like a series of ocean waves, dark brown, yet had some lighter highlights, enough to notice the swirls, the curl in front. He had a great smile and I'm pretty sure he was Spanish. His hands were strong and he had long piano fingers.
     Oscar had a smile that fit his personality and I never heard anyone say anything bad about him. He was just a kind, kind kid in a body filled with wisdom and love for humanity. That's how I saw him and I hope someone reads this, knows him and lets me know how he is. my contact is Nancymellow@ aol.com
If you know Oscar, I'm sure you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment