Friday, January 9, 2015

Locked up for Kids Safety ? HA!

        Over the last few years I have become more aware of toxic chemicals in the house for cleaning, eating, what bedding is made of, where things come from, made in the USA or not and buy accordingly. But this morning I learned a lesson I didn't think I had to learn and this is one you can use on your own kids, if you can fool them enough.
        I have a foster child, young, immature beyond expectations, and many other issues. This child loves to sneak, snoop, lie, steal, connive and more. So I do make believe phone calls, and talk about my fake cameras. Every time this child then comes forward to tell me about the latest adventure in the home. This morning while sleeping on the sofa, my child got into bathroom stuff I don't even use anymore, but I never thought curiosity would peak an interest, I also have essential oils. Well things were mixed, stolen and confessed. This child is now cleaning the bathroom, not as punishment, but a chore, and I am moving furniture as the child will think, I do this every January. The worst thing you can do is let the child know you have to do all you are doing because they caused it, as many children love not only the attention, but the fact they are making an adult make changes.
    It has also made me aware to rid my home of so much more now, so anytime a child feels a need to snoop, there isn't anything to cause harm. This brings me back to a foster mom who provided respite for me years ago. I had two very small boys 6 and 8. She let them look inside of doors, drawers, cabinets to clear their mind of, "what's in there" curiosity. A good idea. SO no time like right now to take care of things, but I am adding a few room locks-it's cheap insurance. Oh those things this child was curious about, also as the child called Chemicals, loved repeating that, are all gone. Vinegar and water clean everything just fine, add baking soda for drains. Look up Natural ways to do just about everything. I have learned, and thankfully early enough-have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment