Monday, February 25, 2013

Nabisco "whole Grain" Crackers

      The words Whole Grain and Premium stand out on the box, to catch our eye and it does to fool us.
    I can still taste the salty taste from last night. This cracker box states it is made with sea salt. It truly does pay to read the labels and I wish I did that yesterday. I now know I need to stay away from this particular cracker. On the box it reads "topped with sea salt" in smaller letters. I know the difference and maybe we who love and crave salt want to fool ourselves into thinking, but it must be okay, the box says sea salt. No it says "topped with" I found myself licking the salt off, an old habit I thought I was done with.

    This morning I read the label and it really does fool us. This box has the ingredients in an end of the box, so when you first take it from the shelf and turn it around all you see are what appears to be positive ad type gotcha.'s

   There is a recipe for a garden vegetable bake in English and Spanish , with a picture of what looks to be a great baked dish. The gotcha here is, "Topped with whole grain sea salt" so the cracker itself isn't whole grain , but it's topped with a very few sprinkles of sea salt. Even now I know there's one sleeve left of crackers and my old mind set is, oh why not finish it off and get it done with. My new mind set is, feed it to the birds and get it out of temptations way. My Improved mind set is, PAY Close ATTENTION TO LABELS & Wording! I have learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment