Monday, March 9, 2015

ELia's 86th and 3rd Ave. Brooklyn-Prices? Auto Gratuity

      Hello Brooklyn....I am a Brooklynite now residing Pennsylvania but frequent my city as often as I can.
I love to eat out and always get great service at The Salty Dog. There are other nice places to, but I want to sing about ELIA's for now. On face book someone showed their receipt. On that receipt it shows an auto gratuity of  20% and she was charged 30% for  a number of guests, unknown to me and no mention of how the food was so of course I leave that out. But she was charged 30.00 flat fee for a COD dinner. I know people do read menus and know how much they're paying, unless filthy rich and don't care.
      There also was no mention of how the cod was, so all I can really say here is watch out for restaurants, call AHEAD and see if you will be charged an automatic gratuity. I don't like restaurants that do that. It sends a message to waitresses and waiters they don't have to work as hard BUT we also don't know if the owner takes a piece of that. Some restaurants do that. There is such a place here. I found out after my first time just dropping in for a burger with a kid and the waitress volunteers to tell me, staff share the tips with the owner. that is pure and simple robbery.

Good luck dining out:)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment