Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Deli Delicious 966 S. George St. York PA.

        This is a local Deli in York Pa. which has a nice atmosphere, nice people and a variety of deli meats for sandwiches along with freshly made soups. By appearances it's also clean, has a few small tables for people to sit and eat. The downfall for me was ordering a sandwich. While it was flavorful and very fresh, the meat was a cheaper cut of roast beef. I'll get back to that in a few moments.
        The bread was wonderful as if it just came out of the oven. Drinks are 1.69 for a bottle of water and or ice tea. The lettuce was a nice dark leafy green and plenty of it as well as the meat. Roast beef is my favorite sandwich. Many times I've had Jimmy Johns and swore I would never have another roast beef sandwich anywhere as they have the best and most fresh, high cut of beef with their roast beef as well as other meats.
      Due to an errand and not having lunch I decided to go to the Deli Delicious deli. People there are very nice, welcoming and willing to please. But that Roast beef is deceptive. I think they hope people in York don't know the difference, so they also flavor it with either pepper or some spice.
      A LESS expensive aka cheap cut of beef has a look and a taste. I would compare it to ARBYs, however I haven't been there in years due to their leathery roast beef. Even though Leathery roast beef can be slowly cooked to become tender but you can't change that look. CHEAP Roast Beef has a shine to it.
I bought roast beef at Giants' one day, took it home, barely looked, but made a sandwich and one bite did it. I took it apart and saw why it tasted the way it did. It was a cheap cut and shiny. I returned it and asked why. I was told when they put Giants brand on sale, that's always the cheap cut. Always spend a little more, know your beef and other meats and really enjoy good, well not just good but great flavor. With Great cuts for sandwiches, you don't need sale, pepper, mayo, mustard, nothing, maybe lettuce and tomato, a piece of pickle or cucumber. Leave all of the fat stuff off and enjoy the good stuff, but not with the cuts at Deli Delicious. Back to Jimmy Johns, a York Improvement with better cuts of meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment