Saturday, April 5, 2014

Steve Adams a Class Act !

       As I sat with my little guy at a local restaurant today, Logan's in York Pa. for those of you who don't know Logan's, go. It was more than worth it today and to think I almost changed my mind. But I wanted one of their steaks so much and my little guys loves them too.
       He's a kid who I try very hard to educate about everything in life, from education, to manners, from respect to good habits and so on. Well today, finished with my lunch, my eye caught a flicker of a navy blue sleeve with hash tags and more showing a mans' rank. My attention remained as I watched two other people standing with this man, smiling and shaking his hand. As I was concentrated on that scene of respect, it gave me an opportunity to point out this upstanding AMERICAN in his NAVY Uniform.
        A chest with medals of so many kinds I made sure this little boy knew who is taking care of us in America. Speaking to the little boy, I pointed, excuse my manners. I wanted to make sure he didn't miss that man, that man's name is Steve ADAMS. There was many things to talk about. My little guy is very short for his age. This man was of a similar stature, but the words to the child were, he is well over six feet tall inside and it is the inside that counts no matter what baloney other people tell you and STEVE ADAMS is a perfect and shining example.
         My child was told you have to be taller to get in the service, so again it was a same example, and not just the size thing, but look at how classy he is ! I went on explaining how this man, this Steve Adams was taking time from lunch and probably family and friends to stop and talk, to shake hands and then my child asked if he could shake the mans hand. Sorry Steve, I didn't make sure they weren't sticky. But as I said yes, he dashed over to Steve Adams, interrupted and Mr. Adams bent over, shook his hand, glanced over at me, waved and my child started back to me-then stopped and went back, again interrupting. He forgot to ask his name. It was, yes, Steve Adams.
       It wasn't over yet. Steve Adams then came over to our table, extending his hand to me and again to the child asking his name. Up close he was even taller than his outward stature. What a gentleman. What a class act! As he started to return to his dining area, a table next to me stopped him and he quickly and with respect shook hands with the ladies, and spoke of serving our country about twenty-three years and still loving it. He had a right tooth that was gold and noticeable, just like his heart, worn brightly on his sleeve.
     Mr. Adams, sir, I thank you for an impression you left on a little boy who many would not have taken the time for, and I thank you for sharing time with the cook, a waitress, a mom, a gramma and anyone else, whose lives you touched today. I'm sure I can proudly say, it was our pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment