Thursday, October 9, 2014

Ron Myrnes, That Says It All....

Yesterday Ron arrived, trailer in tow with my new upper cabinets. I couldn't help but try to sneak peeks as they were going up. As my walls transformed from that ugly old brown laminate cabinets, more than twenty years old into this new, bright open-spaced look, fresh and clean, I knew I was going to be more than happy. I was going to spend more time in my soon to be new kitchen.

        Late this summer Ron replaced my kitchen floor. I do things backwards. He also put up white beadboard and chair rail. The floor is a nice warm vinyl . I was away and he sent photos. Looking at the photos with my son who noticed the1/4 inch molding to the floor edges, my son stated how good it looks and said someone told him he should add the molding too, to his floor. Ron also explained how, due to weather the floor will expand a little and retract. Every step of the way, if I asked and sometimes didn't , Ron explained. That isn't to say he had to explain or I needed an explaination, but it was more like consideration.
       Ron Myrnes wealth of knowledge is beyond amazing. If we would see to it that our children are taught more than academics, computers, television, iphones and game systems, we would not only have a happier generation of children, we would have  a genertaion of kids who have learned real challenges. Learning hands on skills with a use of numbers, accomplishes things they can see and feel and over all we will have a generation of children who are MENTALLY HEATHIER !
       What has happened to generations of moms and dads who taught their kids the skills they were taught growing up? What?
     I asked Ron one time how he knew what he knew. While his career was different than his hands on skills, he told me he learned most of his skills from his father. Yes I know many moms and dads don't have the skills to teach their kids a hands on trade and it doesn't have to be for a vocational trade, but it can be a side skill, something as we know "to fall back on" and more than that, busy hands, happy hearts. Happy hands keep kids out of jail.
    Parents grab a grandfather. Go to a senior center and ask for help. Many of those seniors would love to come to your home to help and as I write this, I will do the same. You will accomplish a few things: letting a gentleman or lady use skills they may not have used in a long time, feel useful again , create a bond between generations and have a child learn more than what he may or may not be struggling with in school. We all know when a child learns more, he or she is happier. They feel they have accomplished something.
     Ron, I am so thankful, if you see this for all of your skills, sharing things with my little guy but most of all, being an ethical person, hard to find when you need a job well done, and the jobs you have done are more than well done. Thank you, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment