Tuesday, August 23, 2016

MTA Disses late Drivers Mom Staten ISland NY

     



 Please bear with me. I am a friend of the family for many years. The late Kevin Griffin an MTA bus driver in Staten Island who died three years ago of AML Leukemia left behind a grieving mother, a young daughter and many MTA friends, or so it was thought. Kevin's mom Sandy told me which office he worked out of and so we took a little ride while I was back In NY visiting.
        I wrote  a book donating two dollars from each sale to AML and St. Judes children's hospital. More people Kevin's age die from this. i'm not looking for fortune or have my name plastered as a writer. I enjoy writing and mainly to make people happy. This book had a purpose and that purpose gave hope to mom to finally start the grieving process.
             You see, her husband was killed two days before her son died. He was in  a hurry, ran across the street,  and thrown by a jeep who only had liability insurance.
      Sandy and I decided to go to the MTA and as we were closer to teh office she started to cry and talk, and talk. Sandy never fully grieved in three years. She lost her residence, her car and was homeless due to losing both her husband and son. Money was mismanaged by people she thought were helping. Yeah, helping themselves. Because they ere close to her, she couldn't bring herself to do anything. Still lost in the process of going back to work, paying bills, losing so much time from work she found herself without a place to live and was evicted. Everything, or almost everything is still in storage. Her now living situation is with an ex, his wife, her sister and now another son who I won't talk about.
     So when I go back to where I grew up Brooklyn, Sandy is the first person I see. She tells me she feels old, worn and useless, not cared about or cared for. Her mom lives in Brooklyn but in a senior home. Sandy feels to remain until her moms passing so she can keep an eye on mom. yet she also doesn't have any resources to move.
     Giving her hope, I let her know about the BOOK, Rev. Joe and the Construction Crew. sandy is in it, plays a big funny part through out and so is her son Kevin. They don'y play mom and son.
    Now we arrive at the MTA office/terminal on Castleton ave. in Staten Island yesterday Monday August22 nd, 2016  . There were four men outside and I said they with little respect at this time. One tall man who is bald asked what we needed if we had a complaint and when sandy and I tried to explain, he turned his back and started talking to another guy and at the same time, another man asked what we wanted. and both Sandy and I explain and about the donations from the book. He said, oh okay, you need the union rep. He's upstairs, I'll get him to come down.   This man said he knew Kevin Griffin.
                                          No one ever came down ! We arrived during the lunch hour which we hoped someone would take ten minutes and just listen, just listen and respond. Well we got a response alright. It was to ignore us!  twenty-two minutes later another driver walks up the ramp, asks if we need help. I explained we've been ignored and were told the union rep would be down. He said I'll get him to see you. Again, The same thing. What kind of men are these that not one would at the very least let us know the following: Sorry ladies, we're not interested, sorry ladies, he doesn't have time, sorry ladies, can you come back some other time, sorry ladies...something, but all we did get was a closed door.
    The book is 13.99 and I have 46 to sell. I can order more If anyone decides you would like one or two, just pay at pay pal to doozybags. Thats my pay pal name and I make bags, write on my blog and am an honest person trying to just do a little bit of good and would never, ever do what the MTA IN STATEN ISLAND at the CASTLETON office did to us-ignore.
    Some of these same men were flirty to other female drivers but they couldn't take five minutes out of flirting to just say, we're not interested. Sandy was hoping to see and take a picture of her late son's photo which was hung in the upstairs office. But she was ignored. Her son Kevin went in so many days when he was sick, dying because he didn't want to leave anyone down. Yesterday they let him and his mom down. Men?
                      





No comments:

Post a Comment