Saturday, September 21, 2013

Hello Salty Dog !!! Great Visit

       HELLO Brooklyn ! 
          
                       I was lucky enough to stop in for lunch on Friday, yesterday. Driving up from Pennsylvania, all I could think about was my as always first stop, The Salty Dog. I brought a teen with me who took a while to take it all in for a day trip. He's not an average teen, but a kid with some disabilities. I let him order whatever he wanted and he ordered Shrimp Scampi. It's been a while since I've had Scampi  as my usual is their great bacon cheese burger, cooked again as always perfect, medium.
     So this kiddo dipped into his scampi and he's s slow eater, enjoys his food. Without expression he tells me, this is really great Shrimp Scampi and I love this place. He asked questions, looked at the photos on the wall and I asked him to sit with the famous spotted firehouse pet, Salty as I call him. He let me know too how nice our waitress was. He said, she was really friendly to me.
    Megan our waitress, was friendly. This trip I was lucky enough to walk in just minutes before the lunch crowd poured in and this time I was lucky enough to take another look around, have a chat with Megan who I never made time for before as I just get so distracted. Megan took time with us, welcoming us and remembered me too which is always nice.
   My bacon cheeseburger as asked on rye bread, was mouth watering. It's a rare thing for me to get a half decent burger anyplace, so when I come up to Brooklyn I know I have not just great food to look forward to, but wonderful people. Megan I am very thankful for the time you gave us and paying the same attention to my young guest. He left feeling important and satisfied, as did I. On our way home, he asked so are you going back to the Salty Dog for supper? I do every time, but this trip, unfortunately I had to leave the Salt behind :)
    The Salty Dog is the place to be.  Kelly, Congrats ! Hope to see you all next month.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment