Saturday, August 12, 2017

Brooklyn Donuts

        No, I don't know of any donuts called Brooklyn Donuts. What I do know is they somehow taste better when you're with family and friends. Brooklyn favorites people talk about all the time, knishes, pizza, Italian dishes, polish Kielbasa, Egg Creams, deli food, mostly at Katz's, burgers, mostly at The Salty Dog and I'm sure you have your own list of specialties .
       
       It's all about atmosphere and being with people you want to be with, not people you're obligated to be with or feel obligated to be with. Times is so short and yes, of course being soo much older, I know that well.

        Last night talking to an old friend in Brooklyn we probably talked for an hour and said can't wait to sit down at a local diner and have coffee and cheesecake, or for me rice pudding. My daughter recently bought me a container of Rice Pudding which is my number one desert. Then ice cream, then cheese cake.. I love my time with my daughter and her baby boy, and of course some food specialties.
Sometimes she'll pick me up a sandwich that has coleslaw on it, oh boy and yummy! Once in a while, maybe more she'll pick up a Mcflurry with double oreo's .  Sure the food is great, but it's more about the people you live with, visit, and share with. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment