Thursday, November 10, 2016

My Whirlpool Washing Machine

       Well another leak, but it isn't my machine just old hoses. I love my Whirlpool washer, and now it's about twenty years old/er.. My repairman is arriving again today to repair it. He buys his materials at Lowes in York. His latest new valve has the first tread all off so he had to go back to the store, on his dime and his time to get a new one. We all know what a plumber would charge, and I am very lucky to have found this guy. Lowes should have to reimburse time and gas.
          About three years ago I needed a garden roto-tilled and  found him. This guy is a hard working man, retired who loves to earn extra. It pays to have a repairman. This guy can do everything at half the cost.
         Well I knew the name Whirlpool from a very young age hearing my parents and neighbors talk about what they had and liked. We were poor but they saved until they had enough for a whirlpool washing machine. We lived in a Brownstone in Brooklyn and had to hang clothes out to dry. But finally no more trips to wash clothes. We had eight kids in my family ! Eight! We took turns carrying big ugly stained bags to the laundromat . Talk about embarrassing? That was embarrassing in every sense of the word and we better wear out worst clothes for fear of something disgusting leaking through.
          So a few years ago I had a plumber here who was a friend of a friend and he told me the cold water hose was leaking, not the washer itself. No wonder my water bills were higher!  So he explained I would have to get a regular plumber to fix the pipe. Well I got my repairmen to redo the cold water pipe. All was okay, and now its the hot water pipe. So day by day I take my time to see if I actually need a new washer, which just isn't affordable right now. I am learning what may cause the leak is having it on the correct setting...possibly which is what my repair guy is suggesting. No longer using the hot water I had the setting on warm wash, so is that why the leak continued? I don't know, I just don't know, but he's working on it now, so I'll let you know, soon.
       Enjoy your whirlpool. By the way I think it's made by Kenmore ( Sears ). Check that out too. You know we pay more for brand names.

No comments:

Post a Comment